Children’s Programs at Sugarloaf
CARRABASSETT VALLEY, Maine – Family fun is a top priority at Sugarloaf, and our children’s programs make it easy for kids and parents alike to enjoy a day on the slopes. These programs are designed to offer the right combination of fun and learning. Parents can enjoy some time to themselves while kids are off having adventures with their peers.
Children 6 weeks to 6 years old can attend the Sugarloaf Child Care Center. Developmentally appropriate activities are offered to all ages. The Child Care Center is licensed by the State of Maine Department of Human Services. Reservations are required.
- Mooseketeers (3 years old) is designed to provide a fun-filled first experience on skis. Children enrolled at the Child Care Center, may take a 45-minute private coaching session (beginners and less experienced skiers), or join a 1.5-2 hour morning group session. Lunch with the full day or AM session, snacks, lift access and ski rental equipment are included.
- Mountain Magic (3-6 years old): The fun of skiing is revealed through an innovative program that uses games and activities to encourage learning. Half-day and full-day programs are available. The full-day program includes indoor activities, a snack and hot lunch. Lift passes are included.
- Mountain Adventure (7-12 years old): Advancing skills, or learning to ski or snowboard, while having fun with peers is the goal. Half-day and full-day programs are offered, with indoor activities during the full-day session.
Perfect Turnâ Junior Development Programs are specialized season-long programs for children ages 3 to 16. Through these programs, kids not only cultivate on-snow skills, but also develop lasting friendships with coaches and peers. Additionally, the season-long programs provide a social network that extends to parents as well.
- Minicuffers (3-5 years old): This program focuses on confidence building and well-rounded skiing skills in a fun-filled environment. Minicuffers are assigned to specially trained ski professionals according to age and ability.
- Bubblecuffers (5-12 years old): This program is committed to the development of young athletes. Team members are assigned to groups according to age and technical ability. The program focuses on diversity and mileage on skis/ snowboards. Kids enjoy the camaraderie and team spirit that quickly develop. Within Bubblecuffers, kids can choose to participate in specialized programs.
- Snowboarding (8-16 years old): For those who want to further develop their snowboarding skills, encompassing riding on a variety of terrain including the Superpipe and terrain park.
- Alpine & Snowboard (8-16 years old): Athletes split their time between the two disciplines.
- Junior Professional Program (13-16 years old): This program is for the more serious athlete who has the goal of becoming a ski or snowboard professional and certified PSIA Coach, and ultimately a member of the Sugarloaf Perfect Turn Program. This three-year program consists of advanced skiing, while learning the methods for ski and snowboard coaching.
- K’s for Kids: (anytime) This self paced activity is open for all skiers up to age 18. Using the honor system, log the K's skied at Sugarloaf and we'll add a snowflake to the chart and give away some great prizes including a season's pass grand prize.
- Kids Club: (Saturdays at 1 p.m.) Bring in the youngsters for a weekly activity hour every Saturday afternoon throughout the season. The Kid's enjoy a fun game in a safe supervised setting, the parents get to do their own thing and it's free! A win-win-win. Intended for ages 4-10, we'll play some ski or snowshoe games, have a scavenger hunt, explore for animal tracks, make a ski video or perhaps just make snow angels and a snowman.
Sugarloaf and Carrabassett Valley Academy Competition Programs
In a unique partnership, snowboarding, freestyle and alpine training programs are offered to athletes from ages 8 to19. Participants have the opportunity to compete in events at Sugarloaf and at USSA sanctioned events throughout the East. Athletes seeking additional training may participate in the SCVA Tutorial Program where Carrabassett Valley Academy’s coaching staff offers mid-week training programs for SCVA athletes in grades 5-8.
Other Fun Activities
Saturday night means two things: Fun for the whole family. Evening Child Care provides childcare for children ages 10 weeks to 5 years. Kids Night Out for ages 4-10 gives kids the opportunity to enjoy evening activities including pizza, games and a movie with peers while freeing their parents for a night out as well.
Additionally, other activities scheduled at night include sledding, ice skating, snowshoeing, Turbo Tubing as well as a variety of special family entertainment events scheduled throughout the season.
Older kids will enjoy the exciting challenges found at the Antigravity Complex, which features a rock-climbing wall, trampolines, an indoor skate park and full gymnasium for court games and activities.
For more information about our kids programs visit sugarloaf.com or call 1.800.THE.LOAF. For more information about Perfect Turn programs call 1.866.266.7081