SCVA (Sugarloaf & CVA) Competition Programs
The SCVA Weekend Program is designed for skiers from ages 8-19 who are interested in competing in Park and Pipe, Moguls, or both. SCVA athletes ski with an SCVA coach on weekends and vacation weeks from early December to the end of March.
There are 3 program options: 1) a Mogul focus; 2) a Park and Pipe focus; 3) or a focus on both. If you choose the Mogul focused group, you will compete in USSA events; the Park and Pipe focused group will be competing in both USSA and USASA, and the group that focuses equally on both will compete in USASA and USSA. All athletes will be expected to compete as all three groups have a competition focus
The primary goals of the SCVA Weekend Program are to:
- Keep skiing and training fun and exciting to encourage lifelong participation in skiing.
- Teach solid skiing skills to all athletes
- Maintain the established intensity and scope of training for those who desire to reach the higher levels of competition.
- Develop a sense of camaraderie and support among the athletes
Alpine (Ages 8-19)
The mission of SCVA Alpine is to foster the lifelong love of skiing through focused small group student-athlete development. We provide strong fundamental coaching, optimum world-class athletic training in competitive skiing, and responsible community involvement. We strive to provide every student-athlete with the opportunity to be the best that they can be.
The primary goals of the SCVA Alpine Program are to:
- Instill the love of skiing
- Provide the opportunity to build strong fundamentals
- Introduce age appropriate gate training
- Create positive members of the skiing community
- Show a clear progression from U10 SCVA athletes to U21 Full Time CVA athletes
...and the ultimate goal of being the best skier that the individual athlete can be!
Snowboarding (Ages 8-19)
The SCVA Snowboard Weekend Program is designed for snowboarders from ages 8-19 who love to ride, want to learn competition skills and want to improve their snowboarding. SCVA snowboard athletes ride with an SCVA coach on weekends and vacation weeks from early December to the end of March.
The primary goals of the SCVA Snowboard Weekend Program are to:
- Improve individual skill regardless of your goals within the sport of snowboarding with an emphasis on FUN
- Keep snowboarding and training fun and exciting to encourage lifelong participation
- Teach solid snowboarding skills to all SCVA snowboard athletes
- Maintain the established intensity and scope of training for those who desire to reach the highest levels of competition
- Develop a sense of camaraderie and support amongst the SCVA Snowboard athletes
Skier X (Ages 8-19)
The mission of the SCVA Ski -x program is to foster the lifelong love of skiing through focused small group student athlete development. The challenging terrain at Sugarloaf combined with our very our own Seth Wescott designed Boarder/Skier X track provides the perfect environment to hone all of your racing skills. We have created a comprehensive weekend ski x program mirrored after our world famous Boardercross program and will provide all of the resources needed to help you push your limits and achieve your personal best.
Location: Competition Center
Training - 8:30 AM - 11:00AM
Lunch Break - 11AM - 12PM
Training - 12:00PM - 2:00PM
Download the Program Application
For more information, please contact Sarah Holman at 207-237-6924