Winter Bike Ettiquete
Fat bikers rejoice!
For the first time ever, the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center will open its extensive trail network for recreational fat biking during select time frames this winter. Fat bikes will be welcome on the trails from 2:00 - 6:00pm on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday afternoons.
For this to be a success we ask all riders to keep the following in mind:
- Riding is only open from 2:00pm to 6:00pm on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday afternoon-snow conditions permitting. We recommend that you call the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center for up to date information on the state of the riding surface (237-6830) and / or check out our Outdoor Center web page at sugarloaf.com
- Keep in mind that the trails will still be open to Nordic skiers during these times.
- Tickets can be purchased at the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center or at the Guest Services desk in the Sugarloaf Base Lodge; tickets must be visible when riding.
- Winter biking is still relatively new; to aid in its success and growth, we encourage riders to be positive ambassadors for the sport. We believe the following will assist in that effort, as well as encourage safe and enjoyable experiences for all parties.
- Skiers always have the right of way. Remember, you have brakes, they don't
- Riding is not permitted on snowshoe trails
- Please do not ride in classic ski tracks
- When riding in a group, please ride single file
- Tires should be wider than 3.7 inches and with no more than 10psi (daily recommendations will be suggested)
- Always try to ride on the firmest part of the track. If you are leaving a rut or having a difficult time riding in a straight line, the snow is too soft to ride.
- Currently the existing mountain bike single track around the Sugarloaf Outdoor Center network is not being groomed except in the case of special events.