Stats and Facts
Key Contact Info:
Basic Facts and Figures
- Summit Elevation: 4,237 feet
- Maine's tallest winter resort, second highest peak, and the largest ski area east of the Rocky Mountains
- Sugarloaf's Snowfields are the only lift-serviced, above-treeline skiing in the East
- Base Elevation: 1,417 feet
- Vertical Drop: 2,820 feet
- 1,056 developed, skiable acres, the most in the East.
- 153 trails and glades
- Green Circle: 34 trails/23% of total trails
- Blue Square: 49 trails/34%
- Black Diamond: 39 trails/27%
- Double-Black Diamond: 24 trails/16%
- Glades: 28 glades/19% (included in the above)
- Longest Trail: Tote Road - 3.5 miles from summit to base
- Snowmaking: 618 acres of coverage
- 20-Year Average Annual Snowfall: 197 inches
- Nordic Trails: 90 km
- 15 Lifts: 2 SuperQuads, 3 high-capacity quads, 6 doubles, 1 triple, 2 surface lifts
- Lift Capacity: 21,810 skiers per hour
- Length of Winter Season: November through early May
- Hours of Operation: Lower lifts open at 8:00 am, main mountain lifts open at 8:30 am. Lifts close at 3:45 pm.
Sugarloaf is committed to preserving the natural beauty of Maine's western mountains and our environment as a whole. Through innovative programs involving waste management, community outreach, bio-fuels, waste water treatment, and low energy snowmaking, Sugarloaf has been recognized and certified as a leader in the resort industry. Click here for additional information on Sugarloaf's environmental initiatives.
Carrabassett Valley Academy (CVA):
A private middle/high school located at the base of Sugarloaf Mountain, CVA offers a unique balance of college preparatory academics and competitive ski and snowboard training. CVA has produced 11 Olympians, 10 X-Games competitors, 6 world champions, 83 national champions, 21 NCAA and USCSA All-Americans, and 34 National Team Members, including Seth Wescott, Bode Miller, Emily Cook, Mark Fawcett, Alex Tuttle, and Jeremy Cota.Media inquiries and interview requests for CVA should be directed to Waylon Wolfe, CVA Marketing and Communications Director. For more information, visit http://www.gocva.com.